List members,
All this freezing/vision/dyskinetia discussion reminded
me of an
experience we had.

A little over a year ago, my brother (with PD) and I
were at the hospital in Chicago.  We met an interesting
gentleman and his wife while waiting.  He was sitting in
a chair with a soda can
in his hand, got up, turned around (with some
difficulty), and walked backwards
across the room to the wastebasket, threw the can away,
turned around, and walked backwards to his chair and sat
down.  No problem.  We had a long talk with them.  He
could only walk forward with the greatest of difficulty.
Had learned this years before.

This man was 42 years old and had PD since he was 25.
Had a pallindotomy 4 years prior that was no longer
effective.
Worked as a mechanic by trade and still drove to work
every day.
But could not walk forward more than a step or two
without problems.
PD had affected his posture.

His routine each day was to walk around the house
backward getting ready to go to work, walked backward
from the house to the truck, drove to work, and then
walked backward into the shop.

My brother had particular
trouble getting around at night to go to the bathroom
when he was off meds.  He too found that he could go
nearly anywhere he wanted to if he walked backwards.  He
would walk backwards to the stairs, walk downstairs
(he could still do that going forward), then walk
backwards to the bathroom.  Prior to that, and much of
the daytime too, his only dependable
means of movement was on his hands and knees.

Try it.  It may work when you freeze.

Paul