-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Julius Margolis <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: vrijdag 20 augustus 1999 8:32
Onderwerp: Respiratory Dysfunction

Hi Julius,

>> My wife, Doris, 76/6, has had severe difficulties in breathing during her
off periods. The neuros tell us there are chest muscle rigidities and as a
consequence breathing is more "labored."  Better drug management will
reduce her off periods and that is all that we can do to improve her
breathing. <<

I suppose the breathing problems at night could be reduced by using Sinemet
CR at night.
Secondly she should consult a physical therapist for breathing excersizes
combined with excersizes to improve the mobility of the chest (rib-spreading
excersizes). At home she should do these excersizes in her ON periods
resulting in easier breathing while off too.
Thirdly low bloodpressure (worse in OFF periods) may in some cases result in
breathing problems.

>> This pumping of the diaphragm, I feel sure, is  a major contributor to
her
irritable bowel syndrome. <<

If this problem persists for a longer period, other diseases should be taken
into consideration. Consult your GP and/or request further examination.

>> I believe, only supported by intuition, that the respiratory problems are
a developmental sequel to her "internal tremors."  <<

Internal tremors are parkinsons related, but not by definition related to
breathing problems.
Internal tremor can keep existing by itself or proceed external tremor
appearing after some period.

Hans.