First of all, i am not quite sure if I am being redundant - do i have to post
to both lists to make sure everyone (who wants to) can read this or is it
enuff to post just to the PIEN list? Does one assume that everyone in SPARKLE
still subscribes to the parent list? Well just in case, I'm sending to both.
NOW, all you terrific people, who showed me support, and who sent me notes and
messages of encouragement, thanks. Knowing that there is somebody out there
that cares really helped, because there sure aren't that many people around
here. Only two friends  - they know who they are -  showed any concern  - and
i am very appreciative to both of them.
About the interview     :
I took my last medication at 7pm last night. Ironically, I slept better than i
have in years - from 2 am until my daughter woke me at 8 am, to see if i
needed any help in dressing. But I was still alarmingly mobile for 13 hours
without medication - but apparently i looked awful - so i suppose that was
okay.  My friend ANne and her husband took me to the appointment.
the doctors rooms were in a very unpretentious neighbourhood in nearby
Alexandria. When my turn came, Anne came with me into the examining room.
While waiting for the doctor, Anne suggested I take of my shoes and socks so
that the sight of my dystonic , twisted amd amantadine react;ive feet would be
the first thing to greet the doctor on her entrance. Good move ANne, it
worked. Also the fact that I was in my Armadillo Phase - ie tending to curl up
into a little ball as the dystonisa creeps through the different parts of my
body.  This is the kind of state i am in uisually when i fall of my chair. I
didnt get much of a look at the doctor antill she started the actual neuro
exam - and them i tho;ught she looked vaguely familiar - but it wasnt until
she asked whether she kneow me from somewhere that we realised --  in those
dreadful days when i relied on the county clinic for my total care ( now i
onlu use it for primary care and I see Dr SIgmund as my neuro) i used to go to
the neurology clinic - which was served by a resident in neurology, who came
once  every 2 months for2 or 3 hours and saw everybody with any sort of
neurological complaint - well guess who the resident was! SHe has now
qualified as a neurologist, and gone into practice on her own.  But gets a lot
of clients from government referrals. Coincidence!
She said that she could see that i was quite severely impaired and that she
would recommend that i be given disability  rights ! Hooray. Lets hope
everybody else agrees with  her.
And that i don't have to wait too long.
Once again, I thannk you all for your concern and your support
Hilary Blue