Chris, when my mother was in the nursing home, nothing like this happened to
her, but come some the other patients who were prone to walk out, wore ankle
bracelets which rang an alarm if they went out the door. I kept in close
touch with the administrator, director of nursing, and activities director.
I had to drive halfway across Texas to do so , but it helped at lot.( Mother
was a little "out of it" and a bit assertive.( Actually the people at the
home liked her because she was assertive- not mean, just got what she
needed. -not a drink though.) I found that my constant attention, even when
it took driving across Texas did work. One nurse ( aide) was fired , because
of my complaints. She kept asking for mothers things. In short, visit often
, check on those leg bands and be sure all officials know what is going on.
Show up often. Good luck, Nita