Hi Charlie,
You wrote:
>MAO Inhibitors like Parnate , Marlplan and Nardil,  taken for severe
>depression can cause the problem you listed.  Eldepryl on the other
hand is
>a selective MAOI which woks only on mao B at low doses so therefore to
not
>- at least theoretically cause hypertensive crises at the low doses PWP
>use  (up to 10 mg /day )

    I realize all of this, however, I'm one of those people who read
everything (even the backs of cereal boxes).
    When I find an item such as this,  I think others 'might' find it
interesting, too, especially because there are discussions re MAO
inhibitors from time to time on the list. We have new people joining the
list all the time and
I think they can benefit from reading this kind of information,
especially when we have people like you who can clarify what is written.
: )
    There is a link farther down on the first article that takes the
reader to three other topics which I also found interesting.
    Thanks, Charlie,
Judith

>> Mayo Clinic Health ...
>>
>> "Tyramine and MAO inhibitors"
>> People who take monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors for depression
risk
>> hypertensive crises if they eat foods containing tyramine. Find out
>> which
>> foods contain this amino acid and how to avoid the risk of headache,
>> chest
>> pain, heart failure or even stroke when taking MAO inhibitors.
>> http://www.mayohealth.org/mayo/askdiet/htm/new/qd990811.htm

Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                          ^^^^
                           \ /
                         \  |  /   Today’s Research
                         \\ | //         ...Tomorrow’s Cure