Janice wrote:
>Hi all,
     I am about to leave this room. I came here for support and all
there is just fighting in here. I am even afraid to say what I thing for
it might be taken wrong, or picked apart. I love all the people in here,
but lately is seems like a battle zone. I am new at this pd stuff, and I
fight it with every thing I have. I hope a cure comes but before it does
I know that I will get worse. I do yoga and Tia Chi take vits and herbs
and read all that I can to help myself. My heart aches for Joan S. for
where she is at in he life with this pd. I can not word this as well and
Dennis can or some of the other in here. All I can say is this room has
changed and I am thinking of leaving it. That is all I have to say
Janice 52/50/46<

    What a sad state of affairs. What once was a comfort zone for so
many of us supposedly fighting the same battle against Parkinsons has
become a battlefield against each other.
    Yesterday we had Bill Harshaw's overview of Parkinsons - where it
was - where it is - where it is going, and it was a message full of hope
for me.
    Yesterday Dennis Greene wrote about a trend he has noticed on the
list. It was thoughtful and something we all have to think about. To me,
that post was not directed at anyone in particular.
    However, one person seemingly felt that Dennis was finger-pointing
and wrote a long, and IMO unnecessary rebuttal.
    The general post from Dennis suddenly became personal and it has
continued and once again people are thinking of leaving the list.
    So to you, Janet, you have stated many times that robust and frank
discussions are to be expected here and that's a good thing. However,
your posts are often perceived as aggressive and belligerent and we have
lost members because of it. For many, Parkinsons leaves us with our self
esteem and self confidence badly shaken. The last thing we need is to be
intimidated on a list that was designed to help us.
    During the last debate which resulted in another sub list being
created, PWP wrote that Barb (our list founder) gave a gentle reprimand
when necessary, while you on the other hand jumped with both feet.
    I just read a new message on the list about Martin Bayne. Remember
him? Remember why he left the list?
    I realize that this will be seen as a personal attack and I will
probably be banned from the list, but it really doesn't matter because
this is no longer a comfort zone for me and it makes me very sad.

On Tuesday, August 17, 1999 7:56 AM
Janet wrote:
>access to power
>must be confined to those
>who are not in love with it

>plato

Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                          ^^^^