To:  The P.I.E.N. List

From    Bill Harshaw

Subject: A Question of Genetics

 1.  I have Parkinson's Disease

 2. My mother and maternal grandmother each had Parkinson's Disease

 3. My father's sister was likely schizophrenic.  The only description we
ever had of her medical condition was that he had ‘nerves'.   This woman was
born in 1899.

 4. My wife's aunt (a fraternal twin of her mother) had both Graves' disease
and Multiple Sclerosis.

 5. My wife's father had both Graves' Disease and Ankylosing Spondylytis

 6. Our son has ulcerative colitis

 7. My wife's mother is subject to depression as is my wife and two of three
of her siblings and several of their offspring are subject to depression as
well

 8. Our daughter has an eating disorder, is subject to depression and is a
substance abuser

 Question Does anyone know what is likely to happen next?