Thanks to all who responded.

I feel much better about talking to the administrator. When I share your
posts with my sister, I know she will feel better also.  It seems what
the nurse(?) wants is to supplement her income.  Sherman can live with
her for less.  That way he will have money for alcohol.

Of course, when Sherman's condition starts to deteriorate with out
proper care and drinking, she won't want him in her home anymore.  Then
Sherman would be out on the street.

You all have heard the statement, "he ain't heavy, he's my brother."
Well its true, but oh would I like to bop some sense into him once in a
while. ;·)

About the On/Off question.  I am trying to understand what is happening
to Sherman. I think the more I know about PD and its symptoms, the
better I will be in understanding Sherman's condition.  Thanks for the
explanation.

Now, may I make a comment about the latest conflict on this list?  Well,
I will anyway.  I belong to two other medical e-mail lists for my
medical conditions.  Each list (Cancer, Fibromyalgia, and this one,
(actually two, PD and Caregiver), are so different in tone.

This is a much more tense group, I believe because of the frustrations
of PD.  I really appreciate how tough it is now that I am involved with
Sherman's illness.

So all of you, hang in there.  This is the only place to find the
answers to the everyday living questions.

Thanks to those that created the SPARKLE list. A joke or two, a
unrelevant comment on occasion, is usually not a bother to anyone.  But
when there is an on going saga it gets a little unruly for those that
may not enjoy that type of humor.  I would think that those that do
enjoy silly (not a slam!) sagas would appreciate having their own list.

My point being is that this list is important.  When I knew Sherman was
returning to our hometown and I would be involved in his life, I turned
to the internet.  As I belong to other e-mail support groups, I know
that these e-mail lists are the best source of information.  All lists
have their little squabbles. But, the closer the subject stays to the
list name, the better the list becomes.

Chris