At 11:18 1999/08/22 -0500, you wrote:
>Janet, why should the list get indigestion? There have been attachments before
>and people either open or delete them. I have written Cindy off list, but the
>more I think, about it I think she has offered to do a very difficult task,
>because so many people will want that information. If she has the same system I
>do or one like it you have to put the address into an address book, or just use
>reply to the list. Hans sent me a couple of ways to answer individually,
>individually but how can Cindy do that. She could be sending mail for a week.
>Nita

i think that attachments are a no-no
on a mailing list especially a large one like ours
according to our listmember/listowners barb and camilla
and also according to the LISTSERV owner's mailing list,
because of the wide variety of listmember hardware and software configurations
as well as the variety of their subscription settings
[digest, nodigest, mime, nomime]

if the info is available on the wwweb
that would be the least troublesome way
for those who want the files to get them

janet

>janet paterson wrote:
>
>> At 19:57 1999/08/20 PDT, you wrote:
>> >OK, I've got quite a few requests and I need to know the best way to get
>> >this information out to everyone. I know that not everyone is at the same
>> >level of computer literacy.
>> >
>> >The Utility is put on a floppy.
>> >
>> >1.  I will be posting the url here in a message so that you can do your own
>> >download
>> >
>> >2.  I can post a message here with attachments of the utilities. I know
>> >everyone's feelings about attachments but if you see the message is from me
>> >then you will know they are safe. (I use Norton Antivirus) along with the
>> >instructions in text format.
>> >
>> >3. If you are not comfortable with downloading either from an attachment or
>> >the url, if you will send me your address, I will make floppies and send you
>> >them along with a printout of the instructions.
>> >
>> >Please let me know how you would like this.
>> >
>> >Cindy
>>
>> hi cindy
>>
>> i think LISTSERV would get indigestion from any attachments
>> i think they are a no-no
>>
>> janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
po box 171, almonte, ontario, canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/