At 19:24 1999/08/25 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/25/99 4:14:11 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>
><< I have used a TENS unit for years. My orthopedist though they
> worked only for muscle spasm.
>
>Nita, thank you for writing.TENS could be the answer.  You don't feel that
>Sinemet could contribute anything?
>Clare

hi clare

i think sinemet could contribute a lot

neck and shoulder stiffness or tension seems to be fairly common
with parkies including me

i tried massage regularly in my early days of 'off'-'on'
and it didn't seem to make any enduring difference
as compared to taking sinemet
and 'kicking in'

i think that the stiffness is just another manifestation of bradykinesia
which, in my case at least, gets 'melted' by sinemet
lovely!

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
po box 171, almonte, ontario, canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/