Joan carol wrote in part:

.my mother has PD...she was diagnosed i 1992 and is now in
>Stage 2.  In the spring she was put on REQUIP.  Does anyonehave nay recent
>experience with this drug?  She claims there to be less side effects and
>even boast of having the (very) occassional 'normal' day.

My husband has taken Requip for some time, and does OK with it. I expect
your mother takes it with Sinemet, as she has been diagnosed several years.
I'm glad it works well for her.

>Also...she wonders  if there are nutritional 'no-nos' for PD s.  Are there
>food to avoid, foods that aid/facilitate digestion, foods that avoid the
>troat tightening sensation at meal times, etc.?

Absolutely there are meal guidelines---our "resident nutritionist,Kathrynne
Holden, is  the expert. A condensation of her excellent book is available
free from National Parkinson Fndtn. along with many other excellent pubs.
("Nutrition Matters")

>And finally...a week or two aago, someone posted a list of the 5 stages of
>PD. Can anyone tell me how to get a copy of it to print it off for my mom.

You will find this and other useful info--in fact, everything that has been
on the list--in the archives. See below:

                http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/search.htm

Glad to have you aboard-- do you know about the CARE list for caregivers of
PWPS?

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "