On Thu 26 Aug, Bonnie Rowley wrote:
> *********************
> Come check us out.
>
> TO JOIN SPARKLE:
>
> Send an (empty) email to:

> Then you will receive further list-instructions.
>
> Bonnie
>

> In a message dated 8/18/99 11:42:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> > But if it was on Sparkle, some of us would miss out on the exchange. I
> >  refuse to have to keep up with two lists and the obvious problem of some
> >  interdependency of a thread. One of the great things I have always liked
> >  about this list is the variety. With the exception of my wife, of course,
> >  the same old thing day after day can really get old and tiresome. The
> non-PD
> >  exchanges have done more for me personally in the coping and adjusting to
> my
> >  situation than the drug regimens, medico info, press releases, research
> >  status, etc. etc. It really doesn't take much effort to stay current with
> >  what's going on in the medical community.

Hey Darwin, where were you when the blood was running freely and the
whole issue was SETTLED. The decisions have been made: There are two
lists- PIE and SPARKLE.

I wrote the following fairly 'robust' note a couple of days ago, and
then held it hoping I would not have to  send it

It's happening all over again - the one or two originaL and genuinely
talented humourous writers are coming up for air, now that the dust has
settled, and no doubt they will as usual be followed by the swarm of
sycophantic 'me-too' followers who think they also have the talent.
Could it be that they failed to read the news?  WAKE UP you NON-PD
writers. I am not criticising your work, because I have never read it.
All you have to do is transfer your output to SPARKLE.
  For those like Darwin (see above), if you want both comics and medical
updates, join both lists: I don't see why it should be the cause of more
work, except for your computer.

--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>