While in the Hartford area this past week, I checked my own web site,

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/farley/817/blynx.html

to see if there were any support groups meeting locally that I might visit.
 To my pleasant surprise there was an "East of the River" support group
meeting on Wednesday afternoon in East Hartford, and I called their leader,
Marcie Dwyer, to confirm the meeting and determine the location.

When  I visited them, I learned that this was their fourth anniversary and
that they had Gladys Tiedemann, president of the Connecticut Chapter of
APDA as a guest speaker.  They gave me a chance to speak, and I told them
about this listserv - nobody present had heard of it, though several were
on line - and about DAPS, the support group that I belong to in Dallas.

For my part, I learned that there were over 20 support groups in
Connecticut, although my web-site list showed but 5.  I will add these
groups to my support group list soon, and maybe others will use the
resource to visit support groups when away from home.  You too might find
something important to be shared.

Art