Hi listfriends,

After a long holiday, with my kids I spend some time to get things running.
Slowly I am picking up other things, such as the list. I had it down to
3800 messages, now it is 6150 again, after filtering the non pd  out of it
and a lot of other known subjects. I will start trying to keep track with
the now a days incoming messages. I made half month files of the old
messages and will try to work back (I stay optimistic and i will not
comment on it in public, but if necessary in private..

My health is great. The heat has slowed down my physical activities, but
after my surgery, now 10 weeks ago, I feel still very good:)
No more dyskenesia,  I do go off, but that is more because I use to little
meds. I just forget to take them, I am so good that I am too busy to think
about it. I  am almost a normal person. Almost, because I will never be a
"normal" person.

Maybe I should re-introduce myself to the list, there are so many new names
on the list. They probably don't know who I am. On the other hand, why
should I inform them about me? I am not contributing to this list and doing
nothing special. Oh yeah, I am doing a few things, and I will do some more
in the future.

I was born in 1949 in Zandvoort. That is in the Netherlands, so that makes
me Dutch. Yes, I have a slight accent. In 1990 I was diagnosed with PD. In
1993 I was one of the founders and the initiator of the yoppers in Holland.
We had many contacts in Europe and visited our (my) friends regurlaly in
France, Denmark, Germany, Belgium and England. In 1994 (Petersborough,
England), 1996 (Leverkusen, Germany) and 1997 I visited the European
meetings of the young onset patients. This year I will join the  European
meeting in Holland (october 15 - 17).

I was chairman of the Dutch young onset group :"yoppers". Young and full of
ideas, I worked hard to get things establized. Edited the yoppress, started
with regional and national meetings and the PC=2 project. I stood at sore
toes and founf out it was better to quit and I left the yoppers in good
hands.

In december 95 I started building the Parkinson Information Bank
Internatonal, with a very good busisness plan,  but I didn't get the
cooperation I needed and because of lack of money ( it cost me about
$15,000) I had to quit.

The European meeting for a computer working group was initiated by me, and
the EPDA took advantage of that. I have some knowledge about computers and
software and am building some homepages now.
One of them will be with info about the "28 hours bowling for the search
for the cause and the cure for PD". I will break at october 29 - 30 the
worldrecord bowling.  I hope to raise $10,000 during that attempt.

I have been 3 times at the PAN forum and have given presentations at  a
congres in Toronto and at the last euro meeting in Denmark.

I have written a number of poems about PD. titels :the beeper, brain cells,
cried, europoem, fighthing, fromload, IF, morning, muhammad ali, new brain,
optimism, on off, pdpoetry, prisoner, she is coming, the Udall Bill, walk
don't walk and about a hundred other poems.

So this is in a very short way my activities so far.

I hope to meet you all one of these days.

Kees (pronounced as in case) Paap