Joan U. wrote in part:

>I am a relatively new member of the list..,and one of the 73 'leavers an
>joiners' in the past month.  I learned about the list while cleaning my
>livingroom (I found  a newspaper article in the spring under my couch which
>listed the list's URL).  I subscribed to the list in August and lurked for a
>week, astounded at the volume of mail coming in daily.  I am part of two
>other (non-PD) academic list serves and it was hard to keep up with the
>volume...that and being new to PD info, I was intimidated by medical words I
>didn't understand and by the personal jokes, etc. all of which left me
>feeling 'out of the loop".  So I unsubscribed for a number of days.
>Then...while feeling that void again remembered...   certain voices
>(including Michel's and Janet's) were welcoming : in the end I did not know
>where esle I could get the amount of PD info offered here.  SO I
>resubscribed, thinking " I will only read messages on weekends ".  Now I
>check it daily and print off relevant messages for my mother who revels in
>the PD info. she did not have before.

Glad you came back, Joan---sounds like you have joined the "addicts" among
us !  Yes, I would call that serendipity ,which is a favorite word of mine,
and a favorite experience   :-)

I have answered your inquiry re: CARE, and hope to see you there!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "