Dear Barb M.---

I wonder if you have considered that the Sparkle list was started and
continues as a SUB-LIST of PIEN, comparable to CARE?  I don't think of it
as competing, and the members are all also PIEN members. I expect we all
are also PIEN members too.

The  reminders that it exists are the same as the  posts I send to PIEN
every few weeks to let newbies know that CARE exists, and I don't recall
anyone ever objecting to those---being bored with them maybe, if one has
seen them over and over, but  just deleting them, knowing they are intended
to inform new PIEN members.

 Sparkle was started because of the repeated and heartfelt objections of
many PIEN members to the amount of rampant  silliness, and  to reduce the
traffic ,on the main list, as Michel has stated so well.
I hope you will rethink your objections to letting newbies know about
Sparkle as a supplementary  and PD-related list, and that you don't also
object to my posts about CARE as "soliciting for (my)personal list"---both
of them are much more than "personal lists", I can assure you.

P.S. Please think of me as "grinning, ducking and running" in best Mallut
fashion!

>Personally, I believe it's poor "Netiquette," and generally just
>poor taste to continually solilcite for one's personal list on
>another  as you're doing.   Once you've started a List you SHOULD
>observe that this, the most  of elementary of List-ownes rules.
>It's common Net courtesy....

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "