Margie for Dick Swindler wrote:

> Tex -   There are too many PWP who report pain for it *not* to be a
> part of PD, no matter what some neuros say.  I believe most of the
> pain is due to the painful muscle cramping of dystonia..

There is no doubt in my mind that what PD puts the muscles through
can cause pain.  The shoulder pain, for example, that so many PWPs
experience is no coincidence.  I think the pain is due to overuse of
the muscles, either through dystonia, from the prolonged cramping
that underlies stiffness, or from the repeated action of tremor.
This suggests to me that the pain ought to be regarded and treated as
a repetitive stress injury.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 61/dx 1990