Nita wrote:

> Mexico City----- Good Medical School -------- polluted - I can't breathe
> with any comfort there. Guadalajara ----   Good Medical School
> --------less polluted, has bad areas-- good medical school Monterey  ----
>                                    ---------- Some pollution. San Miguel
> de Allende --- new hospital - a lot of english speaking people. Don't know
>  anymore yet
>                                      will
> sometime next week.
>
> Every place I have been in Mexico there are a lot of people who speak
> English. Puts the US to shame. Spanish is a relatively easy language -
> once you get a basis.
>
> I don't work for the Mexican government . NIta

I *love* Mexico and the Mexican people.  You can have the
Government, however.  It is undemocratic and corrupt.  The freedoms
which we take for granted in the USA are often missing in Mexico.

Mexico, as a country, has the natural resources that the USA has.  It
also has a group of people who are intelligent, inventive, resourceful,
and family-oriented.  These positives could result in Mexico becoming
a world power in trade, science, etc., but its progress is, IMO, being
obstructed by the corruption in its government and the wealthy class.

Thee is some progress in Mexico to turn what has been a single-party
political system into true democracy.  There are finally viable
opposition parties to the established PRI (the rulers for many years).
It will take some time, but Mexico has, in my view, a bright future.

As to the pollution and population problems, I agree that it is bad in
Mexico.  I was in Beijing, China, last Fall, and it was even worse there.
Many "developing countries" have this problem, and there is no easy
solution.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"