I called a friend of mine who owns a nursing home ( or part of one) and
was told that they have a walker called the Merry WAlker , I am going to
have to look at it. He says it is made of Fiberglass tubing and has only
2-3 " wheels, which can be replaced. There is a way to sit down. Without
seeing it, maybe next week, that is the best I can do. My husband still
drives and well ( bless him, he says he drives better that I do -
probably right too. )

Re trouble at nursing home. I don't remember who it was who has the
father who was taken out by a "nurse" he said do what you did. Talk to
administrator and the Director of Nursing. This is what I did about my
mother and it worked. In fact, though she was not fired, she was barred
from talking  to or going near my mother. I asked an attorney to write a
letter and he wrote a very nice one, no threats, just a statement of the
facts. This was a nursing aide. If  you have not pushed this and there
is still trouble, attorneys do not charge much. Do you have custody or
even a power of attorney. It not, get one, if you can. Mother was in a
good nursing home, it was the aide who was a pain.

good luck to all, Nita