Joan,
Your letter did something that was very positive. I don't pay much attention
to who said what and why, but to the fact that they were stimulated to say
something,. Too long we've sat on our rear ends, just accepting what is
happening to us. At the most we listen to reports about what other people are
doing to help us. ANd then we hold out our hands and ask for more. Like the
majority of the human race, most of us are complacent, and quite content to
sit back and read about what others are doing to help us. But your lestter
caused a wrinkle -- i like to think of Madeleilne L'Engel's wrinkle in time,
which has propelled us forward in time, and made some of us look at our
future, futures that are very close for some of us - and made us take stock,
and hopefully made us shed that complacency, and into action.
That is the frame of mind I am trying to promote with the support group I amd
trying to set up in ANnandale Va, - that we are not a "sit back and listen
while others tell us what they are doing to help us" but rather a "lets get
out there and do something about it" group.  With  your permission,  I would
like to read your letter at our next meeting. WE are going to watch Ivan's
video, and then discuss 'The need for a cure and our needs till we get the cure"
YOu should be very proud of your letter.
Hiolary BLue