Do we really need another organization? Cant we just work through our local
support groups, whatever their affiliation, and use the list to coordinate
activities,
i.e. set aside day x, or week y
 for letter writing
 or for signature collecting
 so that all the senators and congressmen will be receiving letters on the
same day or petitions handed in on the same day. USe Parkinson's Awareness
Month as the time to collect petition signatures and then hand them in during
the Pan forum - that is more or less how it works already. If  we could do
something similar with letters and emails and faxes - where the whole contr.
acts in concert - the effect could be overwhelming. Or would they even notice.
I mean picture the scene.
Two congressman waiting for the elevator. Conga. A says, "I got 17 letters
about the udall bill today".
 And his friend says,  "Only  17 !  why,  I got 23.
They get in the elevator and Senator x is there. He asks, "Have you fellows
also be inundated with letters about the udall bill? D--n Parkeis, got nothing
else to do but write letters all day. Why arent they   out working? If they
can write letters, they can go and get a job."
THen congressman A says,  "With all due respect sir, there is a bit of a
difference between writing one letter and getting a job". THe elevator reaches
the cafetaria level. THe senator snorts . -
"Hrumph', and all three exit the elevator.

Hilary Blue