A news blurb recently said that a nicotine patch worn for 12 hours would ease
the symptoms of TOURETTES for about a week, and they continued that Tourettes
involves "INVOLUNTARY MOTIONS" (ring any bells?).  I scored a single patch
from someone trying to quit smoking (otherwise it's about $50 for smallest
supply at pharmacy OTC) and waited till my CG was home to try it in case of
reaction.  Within 1/2 hour I was extremely woozy and got down on the floor
before I'd fall there.  I also had nausea.  IT WAS NOT COMFORTABLE AT ALL.
I'd much prefer the shaking etc.

The PUNCH LINE is the next day I saw/read something about Zyban (the pill
used for stopping smoking.  The following day it dawned on me:  I'm on
'WELLBUTRIN" for depression (I've tried all the others, let's see if this one
works--intellectually I'm way beyond this 'trauma', but my emotions aren't
keeping up).  Wellbutrin is the same as Zyban, but marketed towards smokers.
That may explain my adverse reaction.

FYI, Ellen