Hello...I am new to the list and have been lurking for about one week.  Have
decided  to subscribe only on weekends and to unsubscribe during the week
since  can't keep up with the volume of email sent back.

Nonetheless...my mother has PD...she was diagnosed i 1992 and is now in
Stage 2.  In the spring she was put on REQUIP.  Does anyonehave nay recent
experience with this drug?  She claims there to be less side effects and
even boast of having the (very) occassional 'normal' day.

Also...she wonders  if there are nutritional 'no-nos' for PD s.  Are there
food to avoid, foods that aid/facilitate digestion, foods that avoid the
troat tightening sensation at meal times, etc.?

And finally...a week or two aago, someone posted a list of the 5 stages of
PD. Can anyone tell me how to get a copy of it to print it off for my mom.

Recently, I began some graduate work in education and began working with a
man who is researching freeware  on the net. Yahoo has a free messenger
(email)  program that you can donwload into your computer.  If you have a
microphone attachment, you can talk to people and hear their real voice
(like on a telephone) with no long distance charges!  This might be
advantageous for those who are finding it hard to read a computer screen.
If anyone wants the Yahoo URL, please let me know.  I will be on the list
til Monday am.

Joan U.