Subject: PENNIES FOR PARKINSON

Donald F. McKinley wrote:

>how long do you think i should leave the jars at the places i left
them. 12
>in all. they are sealed. should i open them and give them a recit for
the
>amount? do not whant to get in trouble. let me know what all i am to
do.

Dear Don,

Thank you for continuing to participate in the PfP effort to raise
money for PD research.

You asked a few very good questions: how long should you leave the PfP
containers at the businesses that allowed you to place them there? And
how you should handle the money collected?

Answers: It depends. Are people still putting money into them? Is the
money visible? Is the store owner anxious to be rid of them?  It is a
good idea to move the jars around. Put them into different stores.
There are no rules! And, you cannot get into trouble. The store owner
is holding the jar for you and since the money in the jar is not the
store owner's contribution, you do not have to give a receipt.
Although, it is nice and smart to acknowledge the charitable community
spirit of all those who participate in our fund raising efforts.
Perhaps, you could write to the local paper and have them list the
names of the cooperating merchants.

When you remove the money from the jars you need to count it and roll
the coins and take the lot of them to your bank and either deposit the
money into your account and write a personal check OR have a bank
check written payable to: Parkinson Alliance, 1250 24th St., NW, Suite
300, Washington, DC  20037

Be sure to make a note on the check that the source of the money is:
PfP jars or canisters.

Don't forget the holidays are around the corner and people tend to
give more to charity, so keep those jars/cans visible with red & green
ribbons on them.

Take good care of yourself and Vivian!

Margaret
how long do you think i should leave the jars at the places i left
them. 12
in all. they are sealed. should i open them and give them a recit for
the
amount? do not whant to get in trouble. let me know what all i am to
do.

                          I.Y.Q.  DON  AND  VIVIAN
                          LOVE OF MY LIVE-54

                           BEST MED'S FOR PD. IS