-----Original Message-----
From: Ida & Andre Kamphuis <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, August 23, 1999 7:45 AM
Subject: Kees Paap PD, but mail in Dutch

>Listmembers,
>I lost the new e-mail adress of Kees Paap. I worrie a bit about him,
>because immediately after his pallidotomy he wrote he was fine and from
>than he was silent. So I'll ask him.
>
>Kees, je stilte maakt mij ongerust. Als je dit bericht leest, laat dan even
>weten hoe het met je gaat. Als het niet zo goed gaat, kan het je misschien
>een beetje geruststellen dat het na een pallidotomy in eerste instantie
>vaak fantastisch gaat, waarna er een tijd komt dat het allemaal tegenvalt,
>maar dat het uiteindelijk toch meestal weer meevalt. Die tweede fase zou
>vaak een stuk beter te verdragen zijn, als je van te voren op deze
>mogelijkheid gewezen zou zijn. Maar ik hoop dat ik er naast zit en dat het
>gewoon goed gaat.
>Ida

>Vriendelijke Groeten / Kind regards,
>
>Ida Kamphuis                            mailto: [log in to unmask]

Somewhat "rusty" translation by Erika.
Please allow me to translate, as the message may be useful to others as
well.

Kees, Your silence causes me concern. Should you read this message please
let us  know how you are doing.
If all is not so well, it might reassure you that after a pallidotomy at
first things go fantastic, after which a period follows when it seems all
disappointing, but in the end it turns out  to be not so bad after all.
The second fase of this sequence would often be a lot easier to handle if
one has been alerted to this possibility in advance. But I hope that I am
mistaken and that all is going well.Ida.

I hope no-one minds me popping in with this translation. I love the way this
web is used to help, support and care, as well as inform. Good on ya, Ida!
Love to Janet and all, from Erika.