Joan U. wrote:

> Today she admitted for the first time that  maybe...just maybe..she
> adamantly she might need some support while walking.  She has resisted this
> idea : she sees it as her failure to cope with dizzines, imbalance while
> walking, etc.) and has consequently avoided going outside alone for the past
> two years.  I can look into various aides (ie. canes, walkers, etc.) but has
> anyone benefitted from a parkinsons' dog?

Accepting the disease does not mean giving into it.  I recommend a
roller with large wheels to allow easier push on carpeting.  A cane can
be useful too, but some people trip on it.
The president of our support group has a Great Dane (Victor), the only
one in captivity especially trained for PD. I 've heard that it may cost
upwards of $2,000 to train and to be trained with a dog, and only one
place in the USA, in Chadds Ford, PA.
Good luck

Michel