Roger,

I agree with you entirely.  While amantadine withdrawal may cause a
withdrawal  syndrome that for all intents and purposes is neuroleptic
malignant syndrome I think it is quite rare. That doesn't mean that it can't
happen but if my doctor suggests that I stop med a med "cold turkey" I would
ask him why and if he gave me a good reason e.g..  Toxicity etc. then I
wouldn't have any problem with doing it.  Just keep in mind the slim
possibility of NMS.

Charlie

--

Charles T. Meyer,  M.D.