Dear Barbara:

I have been very partial to you since I first read your first poster.
Your notes are bright, colorful, vivacious, and most endearing and of
course I love you for the support you have demonstrated to a lot of us
Care Givers and our loved ones the PWP.  This Parkinson community has
become a caring and loving fraternity more so because of non
Parkinsonian open hearted discussions.
Yet I strongly disagree with you in this case.  I need humor for
survival as much as I need potatoes or broccoli (see, I even think Bush
is wrong) and it has helped me to keep my sanity after escaping the
Nazis.  I do not want my Barbara's PD nor my medical problems to impinge
on our values though it is increasingly reducing our activities.
Another loving Barbara (Patterson) founded this program for the PD
community to enable their own expressions about just everything
affecting their being.  Camilla Flintermann has expanded this for the CG
who sometimes wanted more privacy, but sometimes encumbered the main
list.  They are just most beautiful for taking the responsibility.
The Sparkle extension of this program aims for the same goal: to allow
free expression for our community.  This charge was assumed by three
volunteers who believed that the main list was getting too crowded with
extraneous non PD material.  I was just a passer-by, a spectator, but
still a willing participant of the list.  I agree that 'pigs' were
overtaking the main purpose of the list because our people, i.e. PWP and
CG, needed to express their joy as well as their troubles.  But the
worse part of that, is that it repelled many newcomers who wanted to
discuss strictly PD matters, and some old timers who could not cope with
the inordinate size or number of the E-mail, and felt forced to abandon
us.
I belong to three PD lists, and I am wearing out, but I'd much rather
resign from the Spanish and French list than this one.  From a practical
standpoint, I find it easier to go to the 'inbox' for serious mail, and
to SPARKLE for the light stuff.  I also handle humor material for our
Capital Chapter of NPF that I also mail to many colleagues at the
Holocaust Museum and our Temple.
I have made a new folder for SPARKLE (thanks Charlie), and when the mail
comes in, it is automatically separated.  When I see non PD material
from the main list, I'll just transfer it to SPARKLE for subsequent
review.
Whatever you do is not going to stop me from reading and admiring you
from afar.
Hugs and love,

Michel Margosis
'Carpe Diem'

PS  Sorry about the length of this communication.