-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Hans van der Genugten <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: vrijdag 27 augustus 1999 22:56
Onderwerp: Re: An invitation to SPARKLE

Hi Barbara,

>> Sure there's "Non-PD" messages posted on the original List. <<

_I_ am not complaining.............

>> Since when was it EVER made mandatory by Barb Patterson <<

Doesn't it say INVITATION??

>> owner - that ONLY PD-related messages be posted here?<<

NEVER as far as I know.
AGAIN:    _I_ am not complaining.............

>> After all, Barb P. IS still the owner of THIS List, isn't she?<<

If you have doubts about that, don't hesitate to ask Barb P. herself. I
think she can reassure you.

>> And SHE hasn't invitied those of us who occasionally post a non-PD
related message to leave and go elewhere, has she? <<

There is no need. Most PWP are perfectly capable of deciding that for
themselves.

>> Personally, I believe it's poor "Netiquette," and generally just
poor taste to continually solilcite for one's personal list on
another  as you're doing.  <<

Camilla will be very pleased to hear this.

>> Once you've started a List you SHOULD
observe that this, the most  of elementary of List-ownes rules.
It's common Net courtesy.... <<

I always thought allready that most PWP were much more tolerant then others
on the internet.

>> After all, had you and your fellow Lists owners posted for, say,
your new "Lop-eared rabbit list," or perhaps your  new "Low-fat
cooking list," <<

.......or the CARE-list..........

>> you would have undoubtedly told to take yourselves
to a more approprate list elsewhere. <<

I thought you just said Barb P. was the only one to tell us what is
appropriate on PIE??

>> enough's enough already with the solicitations on the Parkinson's List <<

If you don't like them, just DELETE.
SPARKLE is helpful for some PWP to cope in their daily struggle with PD.
In that respect there is IMO no objection of posting anything about SPARKLE
on PIE.

Hans.