janet paterson wrote:

> At 13:55 1999/08/28 -0400, michel wrote:
> >My letter to Barbara Mallut (vide infra) was just a personnal note
> >expressing my view of these lists.  Were this to be submitted as a
> >professional note to a journal, I could see it being analytically shredded
> >to pieces by an hostile reviewer.  I really think this was uncalled for,
> >and I would call this 'flaming' and I resent it.
> >
> >Michel
>
> i'm sorry you feel that way michel
>
> your 'personal' note was sent to 1800 people as part of this forum
> did you not intend it to be sent to all?
> i'm afraid i have no clue as to the meaning of 'vide infra'
>
> in my opinion
> my analysis was not hostile or a flame
> i simply expressed disagreement with the opinions you expressed

To whom it may concern: (delete if offended):

I do not wish to debate your view of  freedom of expression.  As I see it, you
have become so big in this list that whatever you say or do should be law.
Thus, I think you'd like to impose your will in a subtle way by twisting and
distorting  words, phrases, and sentences to suit your own demagogic view.  In
my humble opinion you have failed as a list mom.  As an editor of a peer
journal, where I have extensive experience, you'd be out on your ears so
fast....Of course, I have no evidence to offer for my 'perception' on this
except your own words.  It is funny in a way that you have usurped what I had
been saying in jest for years:  "I may not always be right, but I am never
wrong"

I will not be intimidated nor dominated by any one; I have never submitted to
bullies before and I do not expect to do so now.  I wrote that letter TO my
friend Barbara Mallut as an open letter because it had application to the PD
community, but I was certainly not an invitation for you to 'assist' me in
this. Of course you have the right to disagree, but  to call in question and
refute every word and sentence by calling the author's perception 'narrow and
limited' in such a manner done is hostile and vicious (opinion and not
necessarily fact).
I do not expect an apology, for I am certain you do not see the damage you have
done to your own image.  I just feel sorry for your myopia.  I sincerely regret
that this happened. When I first 'met' you somewhere on a boat off Bermuda, I
thought you were a great person.  I make mistakes too, but I usually pay for
them.  In the future I'd ask you to please leave my posters for me to edit and
to bear the onus of my narrow 'perceptions'; you are not my brother nor my
keeper.  Thank you for the courtesy of allowing me this medium.
And now for the final orison, please Maestro, the Funeral March of Chopin.

Michel Margosis

PS  'Vide Infra' can be found in the Webster Unabridged Dictionary.