>On Thu 26 Aug, brian collins wrote:
>> Hello Judith and Patricia.
>      No, I don't know of such a 'magic tablet' for freezing, and
really
>I don't believe such a thing exists. Freezing is one of the symptoms
which
>indicate that you have not taken enough levodopa  -It is as simple as
that.
>It is possible that as a tablet comes into firing range (I mean as the
new
>levodopa tablet comes into effect, then the various symptoms associated
>with your particular version of PD may affect freezing as one of the
first
>symptoms in the list to go, but I don't really believe that.
>   A little flash of memory - someone is working on the use of
apomorphine
>in tablet form. Maybe this is it....? I suspect that without the
injector
>Apomorphine becomes just another levadopa-type drug, so I would not
hold
>your breath for a PD version.

Hello Brian et al,
    I believe a pill that could be placed under the tongue to alleviate
'freezing' would indeed be a magic pill. However, since Patricia
indicated that her doctor knew something about this drug because he told
her it wasn't approved in the USA, I am curious as to what drug they
were discussing.
    Patricia - ???

Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                          ^^^^