On Thu 26 Aug, judith richards wrote:
> >Judith,
> >I"m writing this to you when residing in Canada..  Do you know of a
> drug when
> >taken to be good for freezing? Something that disolves under the
> tongue?    I
> >asked my Dr. about it but was told it was not approved in the USA?
>
> Patricia,
>     I'm sorry, but off the top of my head, no. Do you know the name of
> the drug?
>     Just realized this was sent to the list. Maybe someone else can give
> us the answer.
> Judith
> --
> Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
>                           ^^^^
>                            \ /
>                          \  |  /   Today’s Research
>                          \\ | //         ...Tomorrow’s Cure
>                           \ | /
>                            \|/
>                           `````
>

> Hello Judith and Patricia.
      No, I don't know of such a 'magic tablet' for freezing, and really
I don't believe such a thing exists. Freezing is one of the symptoms which
indicate that you have not taken enough levodopa  -It is as simple as that.
It is possible that as a tablet comes into firing range (I mean as the new
levodopa tablet comes into effect, then the various symptoms associated
with your particular version of PD may affect freezing as one of the first
symptoms in the list to go, but I don't really believe that.
   A little flash of memory - someone is working on the use of apomorphine
in tablet form. Maybe this is it....? I suspect that without the injector
Apomorphine becomes just another levadopa-type drug, so I would not hold
your breath for a PD version.

--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>