Date:    Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:32:14 -0400
From:    "Patrick J. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Nasl spray for levodopa

I hope this is of interest to those of us who are longtime users of Ldopa=
Subject : Ldopa  - up your nose
325 milligrams sodium chloride, usp crystals
 50 milligrams  sodium ascorbate , usp crystals
100 milligrams levodopa, usp crystals
50 milliliters distilled water
1 milliliter glycerol, usp liquid
Mix these ingredients until solution is clear.  Load into two metering =
nasal sprayers.  I have used sprayers ranging from 0.1 milliliter/spray =
to 0.3 milliliter/spray.  I have used doses from 1 spray/nostril to 3 spr=
ays per nostril -- giving my skull circulating system access to levodopa =
quantities ranging from 0.2 milligrams to 1.8 milligrams

Why -- these snorts give me quick, non-intestinal tract access to my
beloved dopamine precursor that overrides the food amino acids  that =
are competing with it ; eliminate some carbidopa from my drug mix; and  =
provide some supplemental levodopa in times of stress.

May God be with you.

You can call me at 408-286-3967 until about 1800 hours or you drop me a n=
ote at: 1680 University Avenue =
San Jose, CA  95126
Zymurgist1
<Patrick J Martin>