My youngest son (10 at the time, now a 28 year old lawyer) still laugh about
the summer we build a 12 by 16 foot storage building/shed/barn in the woods
behind the house. I know you may find it hard to believe coming from an
Engineer, but we designed it as we went and it did have some very unique
features. We would work on it off and on after I got home from work and on
weekends. The discussions of what and how we were going to do next developed
into a kind of shorthand in our talking. Before we finished it (over about a
month time frame), we were each getting silly and trying to come up with new
ones and remember the appropriate response already decided on. I wish I
could remember them all, but that is not the important part of the memory.
Here are just a few of them:

KWIM - Know What I Mean
KWIS - Know What I'm Saying
SWIS or SWISS - See What I'm Saying (Son)
SWIM - See What I Mean
TAR - That's About Right
DUH - Do U Hunderstand (I know, it a stretch)
HAT - How About That
HIGAIN - Hey, I Got An Idea Now
KISAS - Keep It Straight And Square
OUCH - Overly Utilized Claw Hammer
NIRT - Nail It Right There
WIT_____ - Where Is The _____ as in WITOUCH, Where Is The Overly Utilized
Claw Hammer.
DAMN - Dagnabbit, Another Mangled Nail.

We had so many shortcuts that when Mom sometimes came out with lemonade and
cookies or noon sandwiches, we would be laughing and carrying on a
conversation and she would just walk off shaking her head not having the
foggiest idea what we were talking about. She recognized that this was a
very special men only time and she limited her visits to asking a few
questions and telling us what a good job we were doing. That is one of our
fondest memories and one heck of a great summer. I really got to know my son
a lot better during that time and he me.