hi all

At 09:49 1999/08/31 -0500, bob wrote to me, in part:
>Just wanted to commend you for adding this feature. I
>believe it will help me a great deal in keeping up with all
>that I have to do each day....
>please note that there could be a problem with the Replies
>that people send. most softftware adds a " Re: " before the
>existing subject...
>
>Best Regards,
>Bob Martone
>http://www.kingwoodcable.com/martone/
>
> SET PARKINSN TOPICS -NONPD -FUN -OTHER
>MAIL           You are sent individual postings as they are received
>FULLHDR        Full (normal) mail headers
>REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
>NOACK          No acknowledgement of successfully processed postings
>The topics you subscribe to are: List, News, Pmid, Qt, Technews

hi bob

thanks for those kind words

you've brought up a couple of good points
and i hope you don't mind my sharing them with the list

in re the Re: [!] in the subject header,
the listserv knows to ignore it as not part of the Topic-name
[e-mail programs use it when sorting messages by subject]

i would make one comment in re your settings:

for the time being,
i would keep OTHER as one of the topics to subscribe to,
at least until we all get used to doing this

any message that doesn't have a Topic-name or a subject description
or which has a Topic-name mispelled
will be automatically classed as OTHER by the listserv software,
so it's possible that you might miss some important messages

also, our Topic-name list is open for suggestions and additions
[e.g. i thought of UDALL as a potentially useful possibility]
but OTHER may be used as a catch-all for the time being

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
po box 171, almonte, ontario, canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>