hi all

At 19:52 1999/08/30 +0100, mary wrote, in part:
>I am 71 - diagnosed 7 yrs ago...
>My Doctor changed my pills to Sinemet CR  Two to start the day and
>one at about mid-day and one at six o'clock with an old sinemet to
>see me through to bed-time...

what dosage sinemet are you on?
what is your daily total med intake?
are you taking any pd meds other than sinemet?

>I found that made all the difference so I knew it was due to the PD.
>I still find I have problems if I forget to take the pill on time or
>if I have a heavy meal / too much protein. as it doesn't seem to be
>able to get through to my brain. I sometimes wonder if  I am taking
>too much dopamine and if these horrid feelings in the brain are the
>result of getting addicted to it and are withdrawal symptoms...

if you get 'mushy brain' symptoms when you forget to take a pill
or have too much protein, you can bet your booties
that the 'horrid feelings' are a symptom
of the dopamine shortage in your brain

i don't think it can correctly be labelled 'addiction'
are diabetics 'addicted' to insulin?

the simplest way to know if you are taking too much levodopa
is if you develop dyskinesia - uncontrolled movement or 'twitchiness'

if you haven't seen that particular med side effect
then you are still in the 'honeymoon' stage with sinemet
so enjoy!

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
po box 171, almonte, ontario, canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
parkinsn topics: fun list news nonpd pmid qt technews
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>