At 18:18 1999/08/31 -0700, you wrote:
>        Is there any possibility that a new member, taking a look at these
>complicated instructions will just forget it?
>        We have said, again and again, just delete what you don't want..
>        Just my observation. Remember, Small Is Beautiful or do I mean, Simplify,
>Simplify, simplify--one is Schumacher and the second Thoreau(I think)..
>                Regards, Thea Lou Seese

Hi Thea

If you do not want to make any changes to your subscription, you don't have to do anything. I have set up the topics that way deliberately, to keep it simple, Schumacher!

However, if someone doesn't want to receive NONPD messages, all they have to do is send a command message to the listserv in the same way that anyone would if they wanted to set NOMAIL, for instance, or even, dare I say, in the same way that all of us had to do to subscribe in the first place!

And if anyone needs help sending commands to the listserv, that's what list elfettes are here for!

I agree that 'just delete' was a simple option, but it seems that it was a bigger problem than that for some members.

janet
the list elfette

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
po box 171, almonte, ontario, canada, K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
parkinsn topics: fun list news nonpd pmid qt technews udall
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>