On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Richard Coe wrote:

>         I've gotten a number of positive responses to my message (about holding
> Inkshed 2001 the 2nd weekend of May).  Which made me realize that what we
> really need is to hear from anyone who may be thinking, "If it is going to
> be that weekend, I guess I'll skip Inkshed this year."  If that's you,
> please say (privately, if you prefer, to <[log in to unmask]>.

Huh?  Is it my imagination, or are people looking over at me, as the Chief
Obstreperous Mother in residence for the past couple of years?  (Or is
that my Yankee ethnocentrism showing again?)

(Me, I'm just hiding my head in shame for having lost the minutes of the
last business meeting in my move this summer . . . Margaret, I eventually
found 'em if you're still interested . . . )

In any event, I think Mother's Day Weekend would be fine.

(On a related note:  Is there anyone out there who knows *all* the words
to Chicken on a Raft?)

Marcy

                        Marcy Bauman
         Writing Program, University of Michigan-Dearborn
              4901 Evergreen Rd, Dearborn, MI 48128
                      fax: 313-593-5552
                 http://www.umd.umich.edu/~marcyb