Hi everyone,

        Sorry to keep you in the dark thus long.  The political considerations
that led me to me slightly less than 100% sure the SFU Writing Centre would
host Inkshed 2000 are nearly wrapped.  (And, although I haven't yet
received my formal letter of appointment, I seem to be functioning as
Director of that Centre, since Janet's departure for UBC on 30 June.)

        The bad news is that the two obvious venues (Bowen Island/CNIB), where we
held it about a decade ago,  or the SFU campus and Writing Centre itself
are both unavailable the dates everyone preferred (especially mothers),
i.e., 4-7 May.  Both are available, however, for 11-14 May (and the campus
is available on other dates as well).

        So somehow a decision needs to be made about whether we (i.e., KJ, Shurli,
Katherine, Yaying, and I) push ahead for 11-14 May.

Rick