We have a couple of rhetoric courses in our Communications Studies
program.  COMS 361 is a practical rhetoric course that combines writing
and speaking.  Pertly this seems to make pedagogical sense, and partly
it helps position the course as interdisciplinary.  COMS 461 is a
history of rhetoric course.

Last year's course outline can be found at

http://www.ucalgary.ca/UofC/faculties/GNST/GNSTWEB2/outlines/coms.html

Or just follow the links from www.ucalgary.ca through

faculties
general studies
tentative course outline

--
Doug Brent
Co-ordinator, Undergraduate Program in Communications Studies