hi all

At 10:57 1999/09/03 +0200, bern wrote:
>Dear Janet,
>Your poem got to me, are you feeling depressive today
>or are you generally having a bad time.?...

neither!

that 'pome' was some musing on thoughts and observations
which had been percolating in my head for awhile

i will take your reaction
as one of the nicest compliments about my writing
that i've ever had!

>I have a saying which goes like this.
>If your face wants to smile, Let it. If it doesn't, Make it...

sort of like an old song about whistling
"whenever i feel afraid...."

>Easy for me to write but I honestly try to smile no matter how I feel.
>The world is for most Parkinson patients one big up and down, mainly
>downs when I am to be honest...

i think it's important that we 'allow' ourselves
to feel lousy when we feel lousy

it was also important to me to realize
that i could actively make a conscious choice in how i looked at
... everything!

>I hope that I have made a mistake about your Poem and
>that you feel on top of the world. Bern.
>http://members.teleweb.at/bernard.shaw/poetry.html

i don't know if i would call it a 'mistake'
if my words grabbed your heart and did a little twisting there

maybe it's a case of my words having the 'power' to grab
maybe it's a case of your heart being open and 'twistable'

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada K0A 1A0
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>