I have been lurking on the list for some time. My Husband a retired MD has
been a member of the list for the same time. I am a PWP aged 63 who was
diagnosed approx. 7 yrs ago. I am well controlled; I take Sinemet CR 100mg x
4 and Permax 250 x 3

My problem is with my bladder. Frequency has been a slight problem all of my
adult life, but it is getting much worse - frequency, urgency (no
incontinence) every 1/2 hour. I am supposed to be going on holidays at the
end of the month and I'm very concerned about coping.

I have been to a couple of Urologists. Here is a list of treatments I've tried:
        1) Fluoroscopic exam. of bladder indicating a small sensitive bladder.
        2) Stretching under general anaesthetic - wonderful result which
lasted one week.
        3) Ditropan 2.5 mg x 3 - slight improvement.
        4) Tolteradine (new drug trial) - no use.
        5) Phsiotherapist - electrodes to lower back - no use.
A final suggestion has been "Interstim Continence Control" Therapy. An
implant which stimulates nerves in the sacrum. This sounds very drastic but
apparently has 65% success rate. Yesterday I took valium which seemed to help.
Has anyone any advice that can help me.
Veronica.