On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, William Harshaw wrote:

> Anyone know anything about this designer drug favored by the 15 - 25 year
> olds?  Apparently it effects dopamine production and receptors.

Hi William,

I've heard some pretty nasty stories about the stuff; very addictive,
destroys brain cells, and may induce parkinsonian-type symptoms in
nonparkinsonian people.
I surfed the web and found the following site which you might want to
check out:

http://www.crystalmeth.org/links.htm

especially the first link: "Methamphetamine: A high that kills"

Hope this helps,
        Kirk Finnis.

(BTW, I'm a CG doing research in image-guided neurosurgery for PD and a
first timer to this list)