Dear Listmembers,

I have begun a project to put together and maintain a PD-related web
site.  The web site, which will be known as PDIndex, will consist of
an index of links to those Internet web pages that contain
substantial and/or useful information on PD.  However, unlike the
current lists of links that I have seen, PDIndex will contain items
at a detailed subject-matter level, such as "DATATOP", "dry mouth",
"travel tips", and "Vitamin E", in alphabetical order like the index
to a book on PD. I estimate that eventually there will be over 500
subject topics in the index.  Carrying the book analogy further, the
web pages indexed by PDIndex will be like the book's pages, and the
clickable links of PDIndex will be like page numbers.

This project has two purposes.  The first is to make it easier for
people to find the information that they need. There seems to be a
lot of good information out there, but as web sites proliferate, it
gets harder and more time consuming to find just what is needed.

I hope that eventually PDIndex will be one of the first places to
go to find PD information on the internet.  This will make it
possible to achieve the second purpose, which is to make a appeal for
donations to research that will have a wide audience.

As you can imagine, it will take lots of work to put this together,
so I would like some help.

The initial task on which I would like help is to review a prototype
of PDIndex that I have put together, and to provide feedback on the
basic concept and on the design.  Please e-mail me if you are
interested in helping at this, and I will send you the prototype as
html files which you can load on your computer and use as if it were
a web site.  I will also welcome just questions or comments.

Later I will issue a call for help in finding, reviewing and
indexing internet materials and in keeping the site up to date.

This will be an entirely voluntary effort, me included.  Your
conpensation will be my appreciation plus the satisfaction you
receive from working to create this facility.

Phil Tompkins
Hoboken NJ
age 61/dx 1990