Ray Strand wrote

>>Life goes on...this list has helped me see that...and
it will get very "inconvenient" as time goes by.  With that in mind, I
have had
to prioritize and reflect on what I want to do before doing is impossible.
snip
A benefit of all this activity is increased strength and some weight loss.

I will dry the lumber and then build a geodesic dome extension to our house.
This has been a dream of mine since my college days. <<

following our whims/dreams is living. accomplishing goals does get
harder if too physical. my hobbying includes 'tool making'. most of the
gadgets are to save effort in yard and garden chores.

one added emjoyment came my way in regard to making an area around lawn
sprinklers free of grass/weeds via digging out a small depression and
fashioning a concrete donut or half donut with the top decorated using
smoothed flattish stones pressed into the fresh concrete. this was a lot
of exercise making small batches of concrete and finding stones to do a
couple or three from each batch. several friends and neighbors commented favorably.

you and i can do more today because doing keeps us going.

mailto:[log in to unmask]
this seems to indicate Morris MN -- do you know retired music Prof
Clyde Johnson?

that cottonwood will twist. good luck with your project.
--
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz
mailto:[log in to unmask]