Chris, et al.
I paid $1,000 for a botox shot of 1 unit from a neurologist whom I was seeing
privately--i.e., he was outside my HMO network (CIGNA).  I then switched to a
neuro within the HMO network (I was very fortunate to have the choice of a
topnotch neuro--Neil Hermanowicz--who was covered by CIGNA) and I had 2 more
botox shots (spread out over a 6-month period of time), the cost of which was
covered 100% by CIGNA).  Incidentally, none of the botox shots helped the
severe dystonia in my showered. What seems to be helping now is a combination
of direct injections of anti-inflammatory steroids, and Rolfing (intensive,
deep muscle massage) of the shoulder
Marty Polonsky