Marg Meikle wrote:

> Because of the  recent study about Requip being a better bet for Young
> Onsets (holds off the dyskenesia longer), my neurologist took me off
> Sinemet.  He put me on Mirapex though, as he said that chemically it is the
> same aas Requip and he knows the  dosing better. Any thoughts on this?
> Sounds  like they both are dicey for driving, but I think the Health Canada
> warning bulletin was about Mirapex.

My first instincts tell me that your neuro is not very knowledgeable about PD.
If my memory serves me right Mirapex is Pramipexole and Requip is Ropinirole
and they are made and marketed by different companies competing against each
other.
Sinemet has been called the gold standard for PD whereas Mirapex and Requip are
agonists which are usually prescribed together with Sinemet.  Some neuros delay
therapy with Sinemet and use Eldepril, etc.
Michel