William,

Thanks for responding to my inquiry about surgery for rigidity. It was
wonderful to read.

It sounds as though the combination of dyskinesia and rigidity sent you in
the pallidotomy direction. My mother Joyce (70) has only the rigidity and
the extreme bradykinesia. Her tremor is slight. She has internal tremors.

My mother also was diagnosed with a Parkinson's Plus, MSA disease --
striatonigral degeneration. I don't even think surgery is indictated for
this disease, but I am grasping at anything that may improve her life and
halt the rapid progress of her particular disease.

Thanks so much for your story and the information therein. Good luck. Debbie

Debbie White