 Joan,
    As you can see this is from 1995 so I don't know if the email addess
is still active...but it's what I have in my files re blue glasses.
Judith

Date: 04/09/95 01:08
From: Virginia & David Herd
Subject: Blue Glasses Tech Info

I've had numerous requests to repost this info so here it is again:

From: [log in to unmask] (Virginia Herd )

I have been an Optician for 14 years.  My dad was Diagnosed with
Parkinson's about a year ago.  After seeing all the info on Blue Glasses
here, I decided to make up a pair for my Dad.  Sohere's the technical
info your optician must use exactly or the tint won't be the correct
shade or intensity.

TINT -- BLUE  BPI (BRAIN POWER, INC.) - (2 bottles to 1 quart of water.
Must be freshly mixed!!  Tint even 2 days old won't give the appropriate
results!)

LENSES-- CR39 PLASTIC -  (These are standard plastic lenses.  You cannot
use  those light weight lenses -Hi Index or Polycarbonate for this tint!
They will not tint properly.) TIMING--2 HOURS (It will take right at 2
hours in the tint solution for these to be dark enough to be effective.)
***They will be DARK***

INTENSITY--50 % LIGHT TRANSMISSION - (These would be classified as
sunglasses in the optical industry.These degree of tint **#3 Blue** is
dark and may be too dark for individuals who drive at night or with
cataracts.  If you are still driving at night you may want to  either
lighten the tint to 60% light transmission or have a second set tinted
to an 80% light transmission, for wearing only at night.

WARNING - Your degree of relief during the daytime will be compromised
if you lighten the tint.  Most PD patients have the highest degree of
difficulty during the day.  Hopefully your optician will be willing to
work with you in acheiving the intensity you need.)

The color that these will turn out to be will be quite shocking to look
at to the average person.  But once you put them on they are so soothing
that you will wonder how you ever got by without them.

You must not vary from this specific color or the glasses will not work.

A WORD ABOUT COST - This is NOT an expensive service to perform!!  You
should not be charged more than $20 for the addition of this tint to
your existing glasses.  If you have an EXTRA pair of glasses or a pair
that is an old prescription but still close enough to your current
eyeglasses; you might want to have that pair done first and verify just
the intensity you need.

Good luck!!

Should you or your optician need further info please do not hesitate to
contact me by E-MAIL.  I check my e-mail several times a day, but don't
always read my Parkinson's Digest everyday.  So the quickest way to get
a response is e-mail.

Virginia
ABO#12343

P.S.  If you send me a self addressed envelope, with *2* first class
stamps on it and I will send you a tint chip to take to your optician.

               TINT CHIP
                P.O. BOX 45994
                TAFB, OK 73145

INTERNATIONAL MAIL:  MAILING WEIGHS 1.3oz.  PLEASE SEND ME ENOUGH
POSTAGE TO GET IT BACK TO YOU.
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                          ^^^^