On September 06, 1999 4:33 PM, joan hartman wrote:
>the couple said there had been no signs of anything that would
>influence his not walking....he had been to the neuro in the morning,
got
>the prescription filled and 3 days of medication later when he went to
get
>off the couch for dinner, he could not walk.....neuro said  it was not
the
>PD as that would happen over a period of time and that the meds
probably
>would not cause not walking but "medications do have some strange side
>effects on different people"...

    Requip 'seemed' to cause a freezing effect when Joe of 'Joe's story'
was taking it. When he was taken off Tasmar, he started Requip. An hour
and a half (we didn't even have to look at the clock) after taking
Requip, Joe's legs became rigid with muscle knots and cramping. We had
difficulty getting the MDS and the residents to believe us until one
afternoon when I went and got the neuro resident to come back to the
room and see Joe while in this situation. After about twenty minutes
later the MDS appeared and it was decided that Requip was not the drug
for Joe and they began weaning him off it.

    Judith
--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                          ^^^^